1. Take steps to build my creative community, reach out and connect with others with similar interests: I have attended workshops at a local studio, learning new skills while meeting others in my community.
2. Work towards an exhibition or getting my work out into real world as opposed to just online world: I have had one of my paintings in a group exhibition, and I’m about to enter another painting in an up coming local exhibition.
3. Promote my website and build up my social media presence, possibly upload work for sale on my own site: I have created my Website withStore, I have opened an Etsy Shop and been more active and consistent on Social media
7. Enter art come competitions: I have just entered my second art competition, still waiting for the results!
8. Create work for charitable causes: The exhibition I participated in was also a silent auction for charity!
I can also add I’ve had business cards printed, created a vision board and gained a home studio!
Art studio with loft ladder.
Images to inspire my creative goals.
I still have more work to do! But I can say my motivation and belief in myself is getting stronger. Although I haven’t sold any work yet, its early days and I feel positive.
I am rebooting my Etsy shop BlossomRevival and launching my first series of work.
I opened my Etsy shop about ten years ago. Back then I mainly sold my hand painted silk scarves. I had never heard of SEO or keywords! My product photos were pretty bad! But the online world was smaller then!
My day job took over and I eventually let my shop become dormant.
Fast forward to now and my shop has had a facelift! I am selling my Giclee prints of my paintings.
The theme of this series is ‘water’ and wildlife inspired.
To celebrate launch I’m offering 10% off all art prints!